Cell Phones In The Workplace: A Dangerous Distraction
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 14 to 22 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- _Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
More and more people are using cell phones while at work to check the news, play games or send and receive text messages. This takes time away from production and can lead to accidents causing property damage, injury to oneself and others, and even death. This video-based training explains why cell phones should not be used in the workplace for personal reasons.
Many companies have policies about cell phone use. One example in this course covers prohibited cell phone use while working with hazardous chemicals. This is not allowed because if chemicals get on the phone the worker could be injured through handling the contaminated phone. Viewers also learn when cell phone use is approved, such as when they have a company phone, but are cautioned to use them only for work-related purposes.
Watch this online course to learn about cell phone safety in the workplace.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 7 days to complete the course
- Example 1: Distracted Forklift Operator
- Cell Phone & Texting Policies
- Example 2: Machine Hazards
- Emergency Contact Procedures
- Approved Cell Phone Use
- Example 3: Chemical Contamination Hazards
- Recognizing and Responding to Unsafe Cell Phone Use