The Uh Oh Syndrome: From Intolerance to Inclusion
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 28 to 38 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition Wide
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- SunShower Learning
Diversity can sometimes be about counting people, making sure everyone is part of the community. Inclusion, however, is always about making people count, and in the business world, every part of the team should play a part in its success.
This training program guides the viewer through the “Uh Oh Syndrome,” which is defined by this video as the way individuals react and respond to those who sound, act, or look different than them. We all have negative gut reactions when we encounter things that don’t fit our mental models or expectations. This program discusses with the viewer ways to overcome our personal mental models and unintentional intolerance. By being more mindful and entertaining new ideas about mental models, the viewer learns to avoid the “Uh Oh Syndrome” and include more diversity in their everyday professional life.
This training video is a perfect introductory program for those beginning to learn about diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 7 days to complete the course
Those working actively to promote diversity in the workplace
- Avoiding the 'Uh Oh' Syndrome
- Mental Models: The Part Culture Plays
- Mental Models: The Part Science Plays
- Unintentional Intolerance
- 1st step to Inclusion: Be more mindful and change your scripts
- 2nd step to Inclusion: Entertain new ideas and practice being mindful