Bloodborne Pathogens: To The Point
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 12 to 21 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- To The Point Communications, Inc.
This course discusses bloodborne diseases and the best practices to avoid infection in occupational exposures. The facility’s exposure control plan, and the reasons for having one, is explained. This video-based course outlines bloodborn pathogens, their routes of entry, universal precautions and the means of avoiding contact to prevent exposure. The training specifically addresses preventing exposure to contaminated material or blood and the use of barrier devices for protection. The training includes information on the safe handling of potentially infectious material, decontaminating a potentially infected work area, how to respond to an exposure and biohazardous waste disposal methods.
This video provides a sobering overview of the need to be aware of bloodborne pathogens in the work place and apply the proper risk management techniques and incident response.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 7 days to complete the course
- Bloodborne Diseases
- The Exposure Control Plan and Occupational Exposure
- Routes of Entry
- Universal Precautions
- Avoiding Contact to Prevent Exposure
- Use of Barrier Devices
- Safe Handling of Potentially Infectious Material
- Decontaminating a Potentially Infected Work Area
- Responding to an Exposure